Monday, November 23, 2015

The GREAT Blog Revival

Here it is, four years later and I've decided to dust off the old blog and get back to it. There have been a great many changes in my life over the last four years but one thing remains constant, crafts. I have not stopped and will probably never stop creating. It just makes me feel more complete and like a better person for having created something. Even the smallest and silliest of projects feel great to finish.

Here's a nice photo round up of what I've been up to:

Messenger bag with some great kawaii fabric I found at Cool Cottons in Portland.
Tom Servo! This was a kit that my boyfriend and I worked on, I love him intensely.
I've been getting into some drawing and needed some storage for my pencils, nice use of some scrap fabric I bought in Tokyo!

I have a thing for creepy baby dolls, this on I turned into a planter. She delights me.

A crocheted Cheshire Cat, this was a gift. I love him.

One of the most useful things I've ever made, this is for my embroidery. There's a spot for the needle, scissors, markers and even a little scrap bin. Again using some fabric I purchased in Tokyo (and some from JoAnn)

I participated in Drawlloween this year, a month long challenge in October to draw something spooky each day. This was my eyeball, probably my favorite drawing. Drawing is one of my newer hobbies so I'm still learning which is always a fun and frustrating process.

A full four years worth of crafts would be far to look of a blog post but this is the kind of variety I've been doing. There's lots more on my Instagram so be sure to give it a follow!

I think with this revival I'm looking to share some interesting things I find on the web and maybe talk about some of my struggles with my hobbies. There's always something to improve upon.

Until next time- watch out for snakes!

2 comments:

  1. Make or Death! Yay to blog revivals! You are one crafty kraken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I need a make or death banner for this blog I think. New project!

      Delete